UNIVERGE BLUE MONITOR Server is currently supported on the following platforms:
– Linux x86_64, kernel 3.10 or later.
– Linux ARM, inlcuding package for Raspberry PI and Jetson.
Note: the instructions below are for Linux x86_64. Please contact us for packages and instructions for other platforms.
|Recommended minimal system requirements|
|CPU:||Single Dual Core 2.00 GHz with SSE4.2 support|
|Disk:||4 GB of free space|
|Network:||100 Mbps or more|
Approximate RAM usage depending on number of cameras (assume that video bitrate is 2 Mbps per camera):
|Number of cameras||Recommended RAM||Recommended CPU type|
|100||16 GB||i3 – i5|
|500||32 GB||i5 – i7|
- 2TB Hard Drive = Approximately 4,000 hours of storage
- 2TB hard drive is enough for 5 cameras with 1 month of 24/7 recording
- Motion Only recording, then a 2TB hard drove can handle 20-25 cameras for approximately 30 days.
2 Recommended SKUs that you can purchase from SimplyNUC :
- 909-0003-035 for NUC6CAYH, 4GB RAM, 4TB (SSD)
- 909-0003-034 for NUC6CAYH, 4GB RAM, 2TB (HDD)
UNIVERGE BLUE MONITOR Server uses following TCP ports:
|80||HTTP Access port|
|83||Web API HTTP port|
|86||Web API HTTPS port|
|443||HTTPS Access port|
|1935||RTMP streaming port|
|1936||RTMPS streaming port|
|8080||WebRTC insecure port|
|8083||WebRTC secure port|
|8888||WS camera protocol port|
|8883||WSS camera protocol port|
|9000||Storage server HTTP port|
|9443||Storage server HTTPS port|
|12050||Account server HTTP port. (Only if you are running on the compatibility mode with earlier versions of VXG Server)|
|12443||Account server HTTPS port. (Only if you are running on the compatibility mode with earlier versions of VXG Server)|
Please make sure that there are no conflicts with other services on the same machine.
You can use NAS S3 compatible storage to increase our recording duration. You will need to provide an HTTP URL of the S3 compatible storage &:
- HTTP URL of S3 storage.
- Access ID
- Secret key
- Bucket name for media
- Bucket name for logs
- 720 hours recording in a month = approx: 360GB
- 128Gb SD Card will hold about 12 days recording for 1 camera